- Aside from some serious grocery shopping, the spirit of Thanksgiving hasn't been diluted with consumerist hype they way some other holidays have.
- It's a holiday with no dividing lines, at least within the U.S., it's a holiday everyone can celebrate.
- It's all about food. On Thanksgiving, we unite around the table to do two things: give thanks for our bounty, and EAT! We fill our bellies together, and appreciate the blessing of fullness.
- It's simple, it's beautiful, it's delicious, and it's all about the most transformative force in the Universe: Gratitude. We each have things to be thankful for, and somehow, reflecting on them inspires generosity. Gratitude, I've found, works like that every single day of the year.
- And of course there's my newest reason, which I'll present to you in just a moment.
(Makes 2 cocktails)
This Thanksgiving-inspired cosmo is a festive, rosy-hued cocktail. Some very good friends gave us a beautiful bottle of Yazi Ginger Flavored Vodka from Hood River Distillers, which I highly recommend if you can find it. If not, use plain vodka, and toss a few coins of freshly sliced ginger root into your cocktail shaker. Hubs and I really enjoyed the uh, "recipe testing" for this one. ; )
In a cocktail shaker combine:
4 ounces Ginger Flavored Vodka (or substitute plain and toss in a few slices of fresh ginger root)
2 ounces cranberry juice
Juice from 1 freshly squeezed grapefruit
Juice from 1 freshly squeezed lime
Add plenty of ice, shake well, and pour into martini glasses. Garnish with one of the following:
A twist of grapefruit peel
A slice of lime
A thin slice of fresh ginger
Enjoy! But please, not if you are driving. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving dear Food-G readers. I will be counting you on my gratitude list in a very big way tomorrow.